HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR BOARD:
Below are the Do’s and Dont’s for the proper care and maintenance of your new Deer Park Woodwork board. By following these basic guidelines you will ensure the board’s longevity, giving you years of use and enjoyment!
- Clean board with soap and warm water
- Dry immediately with a towel
- Air dry standing up or raised on a rack to permit airflow
- Never put the board in the dishwasher
- Dunk or let the board stand in water
- Use bleach
- Lay flat to dry
- Place or rest hot things on the board like pots or pans that may burn or discolour the wood
To preserve your Deer Park Woodwork Cutting Boards and Butcher Blocks for years to come we recommend using our Board Butter. Simply apply a small amount with a soft cloth every once and while to keep the wood from dehydrating.
In use over time, your knives will mark your board. To make them disappear, a light sand with 220 grit or more sandpaper is all that is needed.