Caring For Cutting Boards
Quick tips for caring for your cutting board. By following these basic guidelines you will ensure the board’s longevity, giving you years of use and enjoyment!
- Clean board with soap and warm water
- Dry immediately with a towel
- Air dry standing up or raised on a rack to permit airflow
- Put the board in the dishwasher
- Dunk or let the board stand in water
- Use bleach
- Lay flat to dry
- Place or rest hot things on the board like pots or pans that may burn or discolor the wood
Excessive moisture may cause the board to warp. Do not panic! Stand the board up, or place on a rack. It will eventually return to normal.
We recommend a polish with food safe mineral oil or butcher block oil and a soft cloth every once and while to keep the wood from dehydrating.
In use over time, your knives will mark your board. To make them disappear, a light sand with 220 grit or more sandpaper is all that is needed.